Monday, May 31, 2010

Stay focus on Excellence instead of Negativity


Recently, I attended the Lorain City Schools Salute to Excellence program which by the way, was another event that brought together students from both Admiral King and Southview. As I sat there, it was like witnessing something special that would go down as a turning point in Lorain City Schools' history. For one evening it was good to see and hear about the positive things that is going on in the Lorain School district. So many people focus on the negative.

There is a saying, "if you look hard enough you will find what you'll looking for." A few and I mean a few individuals are still focus on the site of the new Lorain High School building; that is not scheduled to open until 2014. The naysayers as I looked around in the room wasn't even represented at this event; shocking? They are more concerned about pushing their agenda and complaining when they don't get their way. 'When I was a child' St. Paul writes, 'I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.'

The Lorain City Schools has a diverse student population. Over fifty percent of Lorain City Schools' student population is made up of Hispanic and African-American students. When I attend the school board meetings this population is not represented only when they are upset over something(like dress code). The site meetings was no different. You have a few voices, which happen to be the minority; speaking on what is best for the majority. WOW!

Words of Wisdom: To the Lorain City community there is so much to be excited about. Instead of reading and debating still; where the school needs to be built I suggest that we all focus on what could be. Here is EXCELLENCE in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment